Finances & Income
Any moneies raised for the club, either through membership fees, donations, or other means are used solely for the following purposes:
– Establishing or maintaining membership.
– Supporting & promoting the CRMCC.
– Providing and administering activities for both the members and those who have regular contact with the club.
– Making Donations to agreed charities and providing sponsorship to sponsored racers and other agreed causes
In accordance with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) and the Data Protection Act 1998, there is a necessity for the club to obtain, store and process certain personal, confidential information about you which will include your name, address, email address and telephone number. This will be used for administration purposes and will not be passed to 3rd parties for marketing purposes.
This data will be stored on secure, password protected devices and shared on secure networks. The club committee will have full access to this data.
In addition to committee members, regional representatives and several volunteer members, (assisting the committee) will have access to some or all personal information.
Our assurance to you is that your data will not be shared or sold to any third party and will only be kept for as long you remain a member and for up to 24 months afterwards.
Curvy Riders MCC is not required to register with ICO (Information Commissioners Office). However, at least one committee member is registered in their professional capacity.
Curvy Riders will:
– process your data securely
– update your data regularly and accurately
– limit the use of your data to what the club needs
– ensure it is used only for the purpose for which it is collected and
– use your data for marketing purposes if you have given the club consent to do so.
The use of this data will be for:
1. Membership and club management
– Processing of membership forms and payments
– Sharing data with committee members to provide information about club activities, membership renewals or invitations to social events
– Website management
– Emergency contact details.
2. Marketing and communications
– Sending newsletter
– Sending information about selling club merchandise or fundraising
Responding to subject access requests
Subject access requests (requests for copies of personal data from individual club members) will be responded to within one calendar month
If you choose not to be an active forum member and are not a paid member your data will be deleted after 24 months.
If you choose not to renew your membership your data held for administrative purposes will be deleted after 24 months.
Mobile cameras used to record ride-outs and Curvy events.
In accordance with GDPR, photographs and mobile video recordings (go-pro or similar devices) of individuals are classed as personal data and must be treated in accordance with The Data Protection Act 1998.
If mobile cameras are being used to film ride-outs or Curvy events, you must ensure each member is aware they are being filmed and that there are no objections. The footage can be shared amongst members on closed groups. However, if these images are intended for public viewing such as, but not restricted to, open Facebook/youTube pages, you must respect the privacy of members at all times. Personal data in this situation would include both registration plates and personal images.
An image placed onto our Club private closed group is acceptable. As soon as this image is placed outside this medium, for example, copied to our main page, (and therefore twitter), it becomes an issue of data processing, and due processes must adhered to. Any members wishing to share images onto their own pages must obtain permission prior to sharing, to comply with the new Regulations.
It would be essential for members to discuss this issue prior to ride outs/social events, or on a regular basis, as permission is neither inferred by omission, or granted retrospectively.
Anybody captured that are not attendees of the event must have their identities (including vehicle registration marks) obscured.
Please contact any committee member for clarification. The committee will not be responsible for any breach of GDPR.
Should you have any questions regarding our Privacy & Information processing policies please contact us.